Lonely Planet review
This excellent bilingual (French-English) guide leads customised wine tours
near his native Chinon. On a typical four- to five-hour outing, he'll tour you
around the wine-growing region of your choice (Chinon, Cravant, Saumur
Champigny, St-Nicolas de Bourgeuil, Touraine) in his own car, stopping en route
for visits to his personal favorite vineyards, where you have the opportunity
to meet the producers, taste wine extracted straight from the barrel and
- "We had the most amazing afternoon - was it only two days ago in the Loire wine learning and tasting with Keith and Linda. Couldn't recommend them more highly. Only wish we'd had time to do the full day with picnic!😀" Sally & Bob, UK
- "FROM LOIRE WITH LOVE
Next time you visit the Loire Valley please allow Keith & Linda Mills to escort you on an unforgettable wine journey across the wine appellations of Chinon, Bourgueil and Saumur. Your magical wine adventure begins as you jump into the back-seat of their beautifully restored Citroen 2CV. Once used for weddings this 'black beauty' will steal the show everywhere, not excepting the incredible views of the River Loire and it's tributary the Vienne you get from the backseat windows.
As you explore the backroads you will be engrossed by their local knowledge and passion for wine as they unearth small boutique vineyards and introduce you to extraordinary winemakers from the different sub-regions. Each tour is bespoke and tailor made to cater for your needs - in our case our grape escape started from Frontevrault l'Abbeye and finished in the world heritage historic town of Chinon.
Along the way you will taste some refreshing sparkling, fresh younger fruity styles and age-worthy Chenin blancs, luscious dessert wines, dry roses and some of Loire's best medium bodied red wine Cabernet franc. Most of these vines are late-ripening and owe their success to the magnificent limestone terroir and cultivation over many centuries but many now are taking the next step towards organic and biodynamic practices."
Au plaisir de vous revoir [Happy Days] - Bob & Leonie [BOB TURNER, STORE MANAGER, VINTAGE CELLARS, TERRIGAL, NSW, 2260, AUSTRALIA]
- "Delightful! We can't say enough positive things about our wine tour with Keith and Linda Mills. From the moment they picked us up in their sweet little citroen, until the time they dropped us off we were spellbound by their knowledge, enthusiasm, and choice of vineyards. The amount of detail they paid to our interests and comfort was something we have rarely encountered. We have travelled all over the world and visited many vineyards and it is fair to say that this no doubt was our finest experience."
Victoria and John, NYC
- "The Citroen experience was spot on! Wonderful! And you picking us up was very convenient." Claudia and Svein, Mexico City
- "Our full-day tour was the highlight of our trip to France! Keith and Linda arranged a perfect day for us, which included visits to three wineries in the Saumur/Chinon area. Each of the wineries was special in its own way and it was clear that Keith and Linda took great care in putting together a well-rounded experience. Not only did we taste incredible wines, but we also got to tour vineyards with the winemakers, visit a troglodyte house, and had an amazing picnic lunch on the beautiful grounds of the winery. Keith and Linda are so knowledgeable about the wines of the Loire and their passion for the region shines through. Thank you for a perfect day!" Renee & Brian, Connecticut
- "We spent a wonderful afternoon with Keith & Linda, visiting 2 hidden-gem wineries." Jill and Mike, NYC
- "Brilliant morning visiting wineries and tasting, thanks!" C+J Hughes, London
- "A fun and informative introduction to Chinon wines, we would never have been to these great places otherwise!" Tom and Mary, California
- "This wine tour is an absolute must. I'll never forget standing in
a cave with the head winemaker, sipping wine out of a barrel in the dark. We
wish we had more than the three days to spend in Chinon." Sophie and Carol, Ohio