An amazing experience!
As Californians, we have gone on many wine tours but our experience at Loire Winery Tours exceeded our expectations in every way. Keith and Linda are the perfect tour guides - incredibly knowledgeable, friendly, and with close connections at all the best wineries. All the wine we tried was delicious and you couldn't have asked for a more picturesque setting. Plus as experts in both food and wine, they were an invaluable source for local recommendations. I could not recommend more highly! (May 2022)
A day I won't forget
t was such a treat to hang out with Keith and Linda for a half day and talk all things wine and the Loire Valley. They are lovely people and so knowledgeable about wine and viniculture. As I'm hoping to move to France, I especially enjoyed getting to know them and hearing about their experience moving to France. They have been an amazing resource and have followed up with all kinds of information and contacts for me. But besides that, the day could not have been better. The picnic was so delicious and in the most delightful pigeonniere. And the two wineries we visited were gorgeous and so interesting. I sampled multiple wines at each and fell in love with sparkling wines, never having tasted one before that I liked. I spent the next three weeks in France trying all kinds of sparkling wines, and now I'm a big fan. Thank you, Keith and Linda, for introducing me to France, the Loire Valley, and French wines of the area! It was a day I won't forget! (Sept 2021)
Wine touring at its best
My friends and I have just enjoyed a fabulous day with Linda and Keith in the Loire Valley. I've done many wine tours in NZ and Australia but this was my first in France. My French is beginner level at best so having a couple to help understand and share their knowledge of this incredible wine region was invaluable. Each winery and tasting experience was unique and clearly carefully selected for their guests to learn about the region and its lovely wines. The lunch they prepared for us was superb - so much so I was trying to figure out how I could get the leftovers home in my pockets before they graciously offered to package them up for us. I strongly recommend for a particularly special way to see the area. (April 2022)
A Must-Do in the Loire Valley!
If you want a truly memorable experience in the region, take this tour, as it is an excellent way to taste the region’s best wine (especially if you are traveling without a car).
The tour itself is private, so no awkward small-talk with other travelers in car. The vineyards we went to were incredible (our bags are a little heavier going home), and the staff running the tastings were fun, professional, and passionate.
Keith and Linda are personable, accommodating, and truly a blast; not to mention their breadth of wine knowledge is masterful.
They have relationships with dozens of winemakers in the region and will cater the tour to your wine tastes (so if you know what you like, make sure you let them know!)
We cannot wait to come back! (May 2022)
- "We had the most amazing afternoon - was it only two days ago in the Loire wine learning and tasting with Keith and Linda. Couldn't recommend them more highly. Only wish we'd had time to do the full day with picnic!😀" Sally & Bob, UK
- "FROM LOIRE WITH LOVE"
Next time you visit the Loire Valley please allow Keith & Linda Mills to escort you on an unforgettable wine journey across the wine appellations of Chinon, Bourgueil and Saumur. Your magical wine adventure begins as you jump into the back-seat of their beautifully restored Citroen 2CV. Once used for weddings this 'black beauty' will steal the show everywhere, not excepting the incredible views of the River Loire and it's tributary the Vienne you get from the backseat windows.
As you explore the backroads you will be engrossed by their local knowledge and passion for wine as they unearth small boutique vineyards and introduce you to extraordinary winemakers from the different sub-regions. Each tour is bespoke and tailor made to cater for your needs - in our case our grape escape started from Frontevrault l'Abbeye and finished in the world heritage historic town of Chinon.
Along the way you will taste some refreshing sparkling, fresh younger fruity styles and age-worthy Chenin blancs, luscious dessert wines, dry roses and some of Loire's best medium bodied red wine Cabernet franc. Most of these vines are late-ripening and owe their success to the magnificent limestone terroir and cultivation over many centuries but many now are taking the next step towards organic and biodynamic practices."
Au plaisir de vous revoir [Happy Days] - Bob & Leonie [BOB TURNER, STORE MANAGER, VINTAGE CELLARS, TERRIGAL, NSW, 2260, AUSTRALIA]
- "Delightful! We can't say enough positive things about our wine tour with Keith and Linda Mills. From the moment they picked us up in their sweet little citroen, until the time they dropped us off we were spellbound by their knowledge, enthusiasm, and choice of vineyards. The amount of detail they paid to our interests and comfort was something we have rarely encountered. We have travelled all over the world and visited many vineyards and it is fair to say that this no doubt was our finest experience."
Victoria and John, NYC
- "The Citroen experience was spot on! Wonderful! And you picking us up was very convenient." Claudia and Svein, Mexico City
- "Our full-day tour was the highlight of our trip to France! Keith and Linda arranged a perfect day for us, which included visits to three wineries in the Saumur/Chinon area. Each of the wineries was special in its own way and it was clear that Keith and Linda took great care in putting together a well-rounded experience. Not only did we taste incredible wines, but we also got to tour vineyards with the winemakers, visit a troglodyte house, and had an amazing picnic lunch on the beautiful grounds of the winery. Keith and Linda are so knowledgeable about the wines of the Loire and their passion for the region shines through. Thank you for a perfect day!" Renee & Brian, Connecticut
- "We spent a wonderful afternoon with Keith & Linda, visiting 2 hidden-gem wineries." Jill and Mike, NYC
- "Brilliant morning visiting wineries and tasting, thanks!" C+J Hughes, London
- "A fun and informative introduction to Chinon wines, we would never have been to these great places otherwise!" Tom and Mary, California
- "This wine tour is an absolute must. I'll never forget standing in a cave with the head winemaker, sipping wine out of a barrel in the dark. We wish we had more than the three days to spend in Chinon." Sophie and Carol, Ohio